Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I bought the ring

There might be a direct and understandable correlation between the frequency in which I post and the frequency in which I ride. Tonight is one of those much needed days off the bike after doing a lot of "running" around on my 2 days off work. I was able to see a couple GTi-R's yesterday, and despite not being able to take one out for a real road test (the road test car I drove had almost zero clutch left so it was dead slow) I was still able to get a good idea of what is available out there.


I must say I am very impressed with the R. They are tiny and really cool looking in person. Driving on the right side made almost no difference but the stick shift on the left will take some getting used to as well as turn signals on the right of the steering wheel (pedals are normal if you are a JDM newb, it is still left to right -clutch - brake - gas). Anyways I was just checking some out since I am not looking to buy for at least another month. Though I was impressed enough that I sealed my commitment and ordered my plates.

As for the training it is going very well. I feel great and the early mornings are getting easier. I am just getting the base fitness up for when the snow falls and I can wax up the skis.


Pro Trainer looks much better from the last 10 days or so I must say.
If you are thinking of staying with me in South Carolina it is starting to book up early so if you are limited on which weeks you can stay then it might be a good idea to get it together since a lot of large groups are booking up some weeks.

That's all for now.

Benno

No comments:

Post a Comment