Saturday, July 4, 2009

Stuff Happens


So here it is, middle of summer............well I guess technically start of summer but I think we've all been in the summer mentality for a while despite the weather thinking differently. What better time to get a cold? Ok so the timing could have been better but also could have been much worse.
Starting feeling it late Monday, now I did a 2 hour ride in the pouring rain that day so that probably didn't help my cause but I was going to get sick regardless. Now if you know me at all you know that I get sick like this a couple times a year and I really don't get over it very well. Last summer I had the same thing a little later in the year, took me 3 weeks to get over it.
Soo that brings me to now, 5 days later. I am still stuffed up but my general feeling of crappiness and disorientation seems to be subsiding. Going to get out a lot on the mountain bike this week to get ready for Nationals. I know it's not the best strategy to take almost a week off the bike just before Nats but really I am just glad that I will probably be 95+% healthy for the race even if my legs aren't ideal.
Timing wise I did have to miss the Canada Cup finals in Bromont this weekend which is a bummer. I think they are using the World Cup course for it so it would have been nice to get some laps in on that. Maybe I will tour down there to spectate the World Cup and cheer on the Canadian riders.
Going to head to Buckwallow tomorrow and get in a nice long ride. Should be easy on the stagnant legs and start to get me back up to speed bike handling wise. First ride there on the Anthem X, the added travel will be appreciated.

Tune in next time.
Benno

No comments:

Post a Comment