Monday, May 4, 2009

It's good to be Canadian again.

Well after a pretty uneventful drive it is good to be back in the great green North. Seems like I've gone back in time 2 months weather wise though. There's a certain indescribable something in the air up here. I think mostly it's the strange occurrence of going outside for a bike ride and seeing other people out there actually exercising. As for the drive itself, I headed off at about 9am. The plan was to leave at 5:30am but after staying up cleaning the house until 4am I decided I better get at least 4 hours of sleep so I didn't end up in a flaming ball in the guardrail of a highway in West Virginia. I am always amazed at my car, first of all by the ease of getting 3 bikes and all my gear in there. Second of all by the $40 in gas it cost me to go 1500km's. It was packed so efficiently the only thing in the passenger seat was my smorgasbord of junk food. Whole trip only took me 15 hours including 4 stops and the border crossing. I kept waiting for my car to need gas so that I could stop and empty the bladder but it just wasn't happening. First vehicle I've driven where I have to stop before it.
Well that's about all there is to report for now. Visiting the family in Peterborough for a few days before heading back to Barrie for the Wednesday night Hardwood race then back to work I imagine on Thursday.





No comments:

Post a Comment