Thursday, August 19, 2010

Little wheels keep on rollin'

Well they should with their Tiramic ceramic hybrid bearings.
My Token gold alloy pulley wheels arrived in the mail today. I love the design of them and got the gold to match up with the Ben-meya rear derailleur. Unfortunately when I opened them up I realised they were no where near a match to the gold I have been using so something needed to be done. I began the painstaking process of mirror polishing every surface of them. I decided to leave the cutouts gold for a nice hint of colour and since it is such a small amount it is not noticeable that the gold isn't a match. In fact they look amazing! I was certainly questioning my sanity as I brought the Dremel closer to my 5 minute old pulley wheels but I am glad I did.
Took about 2 hours to do the job and will make a nice addition to the finished product. I am undecided at this time about the pink/red bearing caps, will wait and see if I want to leave them or polish them or paint them gold. They do have that "look at me I'm ceramic" appearance but we'll see later.
Still waiting for my custom carbon short cage, carbon hanger plate, gold alloy hanger bolt, and gold pulley screws. They are coming from Germany so a couple weeks for them. After that it should be pretty much finished (though I have found a couple more bolts I can replace with Ti lol).
Oh and I had a eureka moment for tuning a 7700 DuraAce 9 speed cassette. Can't wait to get started on that. Hmmnnnnn so many things to do, so little time and money.
Benoit

No comments:

Post a Comment