Thursday, August 5, 2010

Santa brought me some bolts

Yes he did. Got my little bubble wrap envelope today that I had been waiting for. Figured it was a good time to finish up the last main body piece of the Ben-Meya rear derailleur. So it is 1:00am now and I am done a good bulk of the work on this project. Waiting on some more parts, carbon short cage, carbon hanger plate, aluminum hanger bolt, and aluminum pulley wheels. These parts are pretty much bolt-on so not much time to put into this any more. I still have a final polish to do on all of the parts and plan on putting some paint on the carbon cage but other than that should only be a couple hours work left.
This baby is a mix of lightweight and good looks. Sure it could be lighter but I think it will be a good solid piece that I can put alot of mileage on. Needless to say I am thrilled with how this project is turning out and makes me look forward to the next component on the list for modification. I think as soon as I am done the Ben-meya rear derailleur, which should be by the end of this month, I will get started on a wheelset.


From the front, with camera flash.

From the front, no flash

Top-backside, flash

No flash - you get the idea


Backside

New screws all around, including b-tension and limit screws

So stay tuned for the conclusion of this exciting saga.
Goodnight!
Benno

No comments:

Post a Comment